Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Housing for All (Urban)
At the slum decadal growth rate of 34%, the slum households are projected to go upto 18 million. 2 million non-slum urban poor households are proposed to be covered under the Mission. Hence, total housing shortage envisaged to be addressed through the new mission is 20 million.
The Mission is being implemented during 2015-2022 and provides central assistance to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and other implementing agencies through States/UTs for:
1. In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation
2. Credit Linked Subsidy
3. Affordable Housing in Partnership
4. Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.
Credit linked subsidy component is being implemented as a Central Sector Scheme while other three components as Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
All statutory towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently would be eligible for coverage under the Mission.
In the spirit of cooperative federalism, mission provides flexibility to the States for choosing the best options amongst four verticals of mission to meet the demand of housing in their states. Process of project formulation and approval in accordance with the mission Guidelines has been left to the States so that projects can be formulated, approved and implemented faster
A Technology Sub-Mission under the Mission has been set up to facilitate adoption of modern, innovative and green technologies and building material for faster and quality construction of houses. Technology Sub-Mission also facilitates preparation and adoption of layout designs and building plans suitable for various geo-climatic zones. It will also assist States/Cities in deploying disaster resistant and environment friendly technologies.
• PMAY(Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana) scheme is an initiative provided by the Government of India which aims at providing affordable housing to the urban poor.
• “Housing for All” Mission for urban area will be implemented during 2015-2022 and this Mission will provide central assistance to implementing agencies through States and UTs for providing houses to all eligible families/beneficiaries by 2022.
• Mission will be implemented as Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) except for the component of credit linked subsidy which will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme.
• A beneficiary family will comprise husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters. The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house either in his/her name or in the name of any member of his/her family in any part of India to be eligible to receive central assistance under the mission.
• The Applicant should not have any Pucca house anywhere in India.
• The Applicant income should be less than 1.80 lakhs per year.
• ROR (PATTA) of the land.
• Aadhar card of head of family and all family members.
• Savings bank account.
• Income certificate or affidavit regarding income.
• ROR (patta) of land.
• Affidavit regarding the land document if the land doesn’t belongs to the applicant.
Process of Payment
The beneficiary will get 1.5 lakhs central assistance and 0.5 lakh state assistance in four phases after geo tagging of the houses as under –
• Before roof level-60000